Do you like puzzles? Do you get excited putting all your tools together in nice and neat little piles before you get to work? Are you a perfectionist who is never satisfied with “good enough”? If this sounds like you, then you might be able to help us. We are looking for an Assistant Editor to help our Post Team with the day to day grind of all post-production activities. Not only will the ideal candidate possess all of the above qualities, but they will have a passion for editing and a desire to grow in every aspect of post-production.
If any of this sounds like you – APPLY
If none of this sounds like you – DON’T.
Our close-knit Team of thirteen works with a creative partner pool of directors, writers, cinematographers, and other bright creatives–allowing us to provide our Clients with a customized team to fit their unique needs. The main role of the Assistant Editor will be to help our Editors with all tasks necessary to starting a project. These include labeling clips, syncing audio, pulling selects, making rough edits, and whatever else our Editors may need help with. The Assistant Editor may also go on set occasionally as a DIT. For all duties, the candidate must be experienced in these Adobe CC Programs: Premiere Pro and Media Encoder. Knowledge of these is a plus: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, REDCINE-X, Pluraleyes, Mocha, and Element 3D.
When NOT prepping projects for our Editors, this role will take the raw pieces of our smaller projects, and turn them into final videos with supervision from our Post Team. The ideal candidate does not have to have worked at a production company or boast a huge portfolio; but they DO have to have examples showing they possess the traits of a successful Assistant Editor such as attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, judgment and a creative voice. Portfolio samples showing a wide range of content (talking head pieces, highlight / event pieces, commercial, narrative, etc) are best.
Red Productions has all the trappings of a 21st century creative office: dogs, a kegerator, fun music streaming for most of the day and open workspaces. We also have quiet areas to dig in and focus. Oh, and 401k, health benefits, unlimited PTO after 2 years, and profit sharing. You’re also given two days of paid time off for serving the community through what we call “giving back days”. This is a full time role located at our studio in Fort Worth with around five percent travel.
• Labeling clips, syncing audio, and pulling selects.
• Dumping and managing footage from shoots, as well as attending sets as a DIT on occasion
• Gain a clear understanding of Company Post-Production workflow and how we service our clients
• Maintain continuous knowledge of project status
• Edit smaller projects from beginning to completion to allow our Editors to focus on our higher level projects
• Manage all Red Productions content for Film Supply
• Stay current and knowledgeable on the present and evolving techniques/technology in Post-Production; including VFX, design, and animation as well as non linear editing
• Ability and motivation to carry out responsibilities with minimal direction
• Incredibly detail oriented and organized
• 0-1 year experience editing various content such as web spots, PSAs, interviews, marketing videos, student films, etc.
Please upload your resume + cover letter in PDF format, in one file. Your resume should document your work accomplishments, awards, education/training and experience. Please include links to your work within your resume. Once we review your materials, if we feel you are a good candidate for the role, someone from our team will contact you to schedule an interview. Thanks!